Welcome to rockiesweather.ca
This page provides regional modelling (MM5) results for today and tomorrow over the Rocky and Columbia mountains. The information is geared for those interested in weather at different elevations and in different regions of the Columbia and Rocky mountains. All software used is open-source and inital/boundary conditions are based on National Weather Service Global Forecast System data. In viewing this data you agree to the disclaimer below.
Select a domain on the map below
*Initial and lateral boundary conditions are based on gfs 12z output from the date indicated. Initial surface conditions are set using data from the previous run.
Links to other model datasets and analysis
If you have any questions or comments e-mail pollock.ew AT gmail.com
1. Weather-forecast model output is provided for research, educational, and demonstration uses only, and should be used with caution.
2. The weather forecasts have not been sufficiently validated for operational use, and should not be used for such purposes. This data is not a substitute for the official Environment Canada weather forecast.
3. The weather forecasts are not provided as a commercial product. You may not use these forecasts for any commercial purpose, planning, or scheduling any activities. You may not distribute or otherwise provide access to the data to third parties, directly or indirectly, in any form whatever.
4. There are no guarantees on the quality of the forecasts. These data are provided WITHOUT WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE or any other warranty of any sort, express or implied. There are no guarantees on the reliability, scheduling, timeliness of the forecasts.
5. YOU HEREBY ASSUME ALL RISK for any damages or claims arising from any use that you make of the forecast data.
6. rockiesweather.ca reserves the right to terminate access to the data at any time for any reason whatsoever.